Windows 10 Quick Assist
Run Windows 10 ‘Quick Assist’ to remotely assist someone with their PC.
‘Quick Assist’ , available from version 20H2 onwards, requires a Microsoft account.
- Right-click the Start button
- Click Search
- Type Quick Assist and hit Enter on your keyboard
- Ask remote user to do the same
- On your PC, click Assist another person
- Select your Microsoft account and login
- Give the six-digit code (see screenshot above) to the remote user to enter into the ‘Code from assistant’ box
- Remote user then clicks Share screen
- Assistant then chooses either Take full control of their PC or View only their desktop
- Remote user then clicks Allow
Once connected, you can use the toolbar at the top to open a chat window, annotate the screen and pause or end the session