Windows SP1 Convenience Rollup
The Windows SP1 Convenience Rollup (WSCR) updates a clean copy of Windows SP1 from Feb 2011 to May 2016. Further updates are then installed as normal
- Install a clean copy of Windows 7 SP1
- Install April 2015 Servicing Stack Update from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369 and click the appropriate “Download the package now” link
- Go to http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3125574 and click the Install button at the bottom of the page; click Yes and click the Add button for your version of Windows from the 3 choices shown.
- Navigate to your Downloads folder to install the downloaded files to update from Feb 2011 to May 2016
- Search and select “Windows Updates” and click “Check for Updates” to install further updates.