Follow this link for instructions
- Backup everything first – IMPORTANT!!!
- Backup Apps, Settings, Contacts, Calendar, e.g. Settings => System => Backup => Backup Now
- If older version of Android backup SMS and Call History to Google Drive by installing Synchtech “SMS Backup & Restore” app from Google Play.
- Backup Photos (not synchronised to Google Drive)
- Boot into Recovery (TWRP) to get full access to phone
- Connect a usb phone cable to your PC
- Using Windows Explorer or similar to copy Internal Storage/DCIM to PC Desktop\DCIM
- Nougat users –
Here’s to remove the Google Search widget from your Lollipop v5.1.1 Home screen.
- Press and hold on any free space on the Home screen to bring up the desktop customiser
- Tap the Settings cog in the bottom right corner to bring up Preferences
- Within “Home Screen Settings” turn off “Show search bar”
The following SP Flash method to upgrade your phone is based on a Windows host system. To upgrade from Kitkat you have to use the flash method. This method will also get a bricked phone working again. The steps below include resetting the IMEI number. The IMEI number cab be found inside the case cover or on the box it came in or in Settings|About Phone|Status|IMEI Information.
To simplify finding the required programs and ROMs download and extract the files below to a single JIAYUS3 folder with relevantly named sub-folders for each component.